Rose are Red and Tulips are Blue (and pink, and yellow, and red too!)
For this month's destination insight, I wanted to talk about a river cruise that has been on my bucket list (and should be added to yours too!). A Tulip Time river cruise that sails roundtrip from Amsterdam every spring (March-May).
And it's so much more than just tulips and gardens (although those are the main attraction). Like with any river cruise, there are multitude of unique culinary offerings-- hello chocolate and cheese!; as well as active bike tours and history. Here are 5 highlights of a tulip time river cruise that you cannot miss:
1. Tulips- From visiting family run farms, to the world famous Keukenhof Gardens, you will be able to take in the many colors and stages of the tulip flower. Don't forget your camera for some breathtaking photo opportunities!
2. Chocolate- Not only will you be able to indulge in chocolate in a variety of ways, but why not also take a class with a master chocolatier to learn more about the art of Belgian chocolate-making.
3. Canal Cruise- Remember how amazing I told you the Illuminations Cruise in Budapest was? This is a more Eastern equivalent--through the canals of Amsterdam, you'll be able to relax on the water taking in the beautiful and colorful scenery.
4. Windmills- Another photo-worthy opportunity--a tulip time cruise includes a stop to Kinderdijk, a UNESCO World Heritage Site for it's concentration of windmills dating as far back as the 18th Century.
5. Bike Tours- One of the best things about river cruising in the spring time, is the brisk climate which makes it perfect for being active outside. You'll be able to bike around Middelburg (the second largest trading city of the Dutch East India Company), Antwerp, and Rotterdam.
As always, you will not only be able to take in experiences that will write their place in your soul, but also indulge in the luxurious onboard experience. With river cruises line such as AmaWaterways, you always have 2-3 included daily excursions, personal service from everyone in the cruise staff, comfortable accommodations, and fabulous onboard local entertainment, amongst many other amenities.
So what do you think? Are you a "yay--let's add that to my list" or a "nay--not really my thing"? Do you have another fabulous destination coming up on your bucket list? Let me know, and I'll try to do a destination highlight on it in the future :)
#tuliptime #tuliptimecruise #Amsterdam #spring #aprilshowers #mayflowers #tulips #gardens #chocolate #cheese #belgianchocolate #goudacheese #Keukenhof #Belgianchocolate #canalcruise #windmills #Kinderdijk #UNESCO #WorldHeritageSite #biketour #Middelburg #Antwerp #Rottderdam