Showdown! Which Alaska journey will win??
Are you ready for our monthly SHOWDOWN?! We're going to be looking at the world of Alaska cruises and comparing them to a cruisetour. Ready to see which wins?
Alaskan Cruises are just that--cruises around the state of Alaska with a stop in Canada. These can be one-way or roundtrip cruise from Seattle, Victoria, or Anchorage, as some of the major ports of embarkation/debarkation.
1. Contemporary Cruisers- As these are shorter journeys compared to a cruisetour
2. Alaska First Timers- There is so much to do in Alaska, that naturally it can be overwhelming, and a bit tiresome. Get your bearings with an Alaska cruise and then on your next visit, you can graduate to a cruisetour.
3. Quick Vacation- You are visiting Alaska to take in what it's famous for glaciers, mountains, wildlife, and the last American frontier! A quick trip will do to check off all the major sites on your bucket list.
Alaskan Cruisetours take you deeper into mainland Alaska, with stops that include Fairbanks and Denali National Park. You will either begin or end your cruise trip with this land portion of the cruisetour.
1. Luxury Cruisers- As the land portion can add up to 7 days to your cruise trip, where you'll be staying in beautiful lodge accommodations at each stop
2. Alaska Veterans- Have most likely already done the "must see" sites in the cruise ports; now they are ready for something richer.
3. Enriching Journey- You've only had a taste of the frontier and want to get in deeper and experience the beautiful lodges, railways, and history of the early settlers. You'll also have more opportunities for wildlife sightings and nature hikes.
Now I'm sure you know me well enough to know which one I'm going to choose, right? I am going to visit Alaska this year--it's been on my bucket list for years. I'm already waiting to go back lol! Why you ask--because I'm only going on a cruise and not a cruisetour. You are correct--the cruisetour wins this showdown! I want to be able to experience as much of Alaska as I can, and like a glacier, the best stuff is beneath the surface.
Be sure to subscribe to my YouTube Channel this summer to get in on all my Alaska fun.
Happy Travels! Rita
#Alaska #AlaskaCruise #AlaskaCruisetour #cruise #tour #travel #contemporarycruise #luxurycruise #firsttimer #veteran #rookie #quickvacation #quickgetaway #journey #enrichingjourney #lodges #railways #earlysettlers #Fairbanks #Denali #DenaliNationalPark #bucketlist #Seattle #Victoria #Vancouver #BritishColumbia #Anchorage #Canada #showdown #glaciers #mountains #wildlife #frontier #Americanfrontier