When Irish Eyes are Smiling!
For this month's "interview", I wanted to do a destination insight on cruising to Ireland. Azamara Club Cruises, an upper premium cruise line, is having a one-of-a-kind sailing next May that includes 9 ports, 6 late nights, and 1 overnight in Ireland, along with all the other wonderful amenities of cruising with them. I have had this particular cruise on my radar for a few months, as it combines some of the best stops to explore in Ireland, with a need to only unpack once.
This cruise embarks in Southampton, England, which provide a wonderful pre- or postcruise experience. Not too far from London, but also in close proximity to Stonehenge and Bath, which are all great cultural experiences. Once you have embarked on your journey, you'll have a day at sea to prepare for your shore adventures. Here are some of the top experiences on this Ireland Intensive:
1. Dublin- You have 2 full days here! A visit is not complete without a stop to the Guinness Storehouse and St. Patrick's Cathedral.
2. Belfast- The home of Game of Thrones filming! Not only will you be able to visit the sets, but you can also take in some history of the Titanic. A must-visit is the Giant's Causeway--a natural rock formation, as well as Bushmills Distillery (catching a theme here lol?).
3. Foynes- The birthplace of Irish coffee, as well as the home to the Cliffs of Moher; another beautiful natural wonder in the country.
4. Cork- Cork, or Cobh (pronounced Cove), is your closest stop to the Blarney Stone; you can't leave Ireland without giving it a kiss, of course.
5. Waterford- The home of world-renowned Waterford crystal. Make sure to take in a tour of the factory and pick some of your favorite pieces to bring home as a touching souvenir of your journeys throughout the country.
Also on this intensive are stops to glorious castles and quaint little towns full of Irish tradition. One of the best parts of this trip, is that you cruise just along the coast. You'll be able to count on excellent service, food, and entertainment onboard, or you can take in the evening at a local pub (because a shuttle to the city centers of each stop is complimentary), eating and dancing the night away. The flexibility is invaluable..and just know, the special touches don't end there.
This has been an incredibly small taste of what you can experience on the Ireland Intensive. If you're wanting to learn more about visiting all the green beauty and rich history, let's schedule a consultation call.
#Ireland #Dublin #Belfast #Foynes #Cork #Cobh #Waterford #Guinness #GameofThrones #GiantsCauseway #Bushmills #CliffsofMoher #BlarneyStone #WaterfordCrystal #cruise #castles #IrishCruise #IrelandCruise #kiss #pub #tradition #Azamara